Thursday, April 1, 2010

Steve Kohl's Update from Belize

Annette and I are grateful and privileged to go to Belize in His service. We especially thank you all in making it possible for us to go. It will be our policy to honestly and accurately share the challenges and situations we face in all areas of this ministry.

Here are some pictures of the Belize dental clinic as work is progressing. We will be working to secure equipment and everything needed to operate as it is getting finished. I will doing some interstate traveling to attend auctions and make stateside arrangements to ship dental equipment such as chairs, x-ray equipment and supplies to Belize. For now, much of my work will be working closely with the ministers of health in Belize to get as much duty free equipment into Belize as possible.
This past week I attended a dental clinic in the village of Red Bank, an all Mayan Indian Village about 15 miles into the bush from Independence where I received training in serving people in need of dental work. We pulled at least 200 teeth and drilled and filled some and taught dental hygiene. I learned how to manage teams and organize for the work that was done.

This is an update as to the work currently in progress. I would ask for your prayers continually as I have had some difficulties with other missionaries and that God would be with Annette and I as we continue to prepare and raise a team who will partner with us as we are sent to Belize. We do not seek our own increase but, are free to serve when we seek the increase of others.
sincerely,
steve kohl

No comments: