Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kendall Suh Update from Thailand and Prayer for Surgery

Dear Praying Brothers and Sisters,
I highly value your prayers for my Ankle surgery now scheduled for Monday April 12 at Mercy Anderson Hospital in the Cincinnati area by Dr. John Linz.
Dr. Linz will have to do an osteotomy to saw my fibula bone near the ankle to remove it to get access to my talus bone which has a large osteochondral defect. This relatively rare injury was caused by my foot being on the brake pedal when the 18 wheeler pulled out in front of us causing us to crash at 65 mph 16 months ago. Once the talus bone is exposed, he will have to remove the diseased and damaged bone. Then he will transplant and screw in a freeze dried cadaver talus bone graft after shaping part of it to fill in the hole created.
Please pray for wisdom and skill for Dr. Linz and for the anestesiologist. Please pray for my rapid and excellent healing without complications. Please pray that I will be able to resume my work in medical missions as soon as possible. Apparently the healing and rehabilitation can take an extended period of time, up to 1 to 2 years as my bone incorporates with the bone graft. I am planning to go to Thailand in September for evangelistic church planting medical clinics and Nicaragua in November for evangelistic medical clinics. Please pray that I will be able to GO. I have faith in the Healing and Saving power of Jesus Christ! Thank you for your effectual and fervent prayers.


Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I have returned from Chumphon and Surat Thani, Thailand and our evangelistic medical clinics. We had a great week treating patients in five different locations. The physicians and the medicine are the "smelly fish bait" which attract masses of people. Then each patient is sent for spiritual counseling where a fellow Thai and former Buddhist who is now a Hope of Thailand Church member shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ one on one for 15 to 30 minutes. Most are trained in Evangelism Explosion. This leads to many Thais praying to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. 200 people (about 30 to 40% of patients) made decisions for the Lord in this nation of 1-2% Christian! Praise the Lord! In two areas we are praying that there are now enough new believers to plant two churches.
We are like a catalyst which is a unique substance which transforms a slow weak chemical reaction into a strong and explosive reaction. We saw Pastor Saman and his church members catch a fresh vision for how the Lord can use this medical ministry to pioneer new areas in Thailand for Jesus Christ. We went to some new areas and have plans for this September and next March to hit many new areas with this new found fervor to pioneer new and unreached areas for the Gospel. We believe these are historic works for the Gospel and God is really using the Hope of Thailand churches to transform many, many Thai people.
All this would not have been possible without your fervent and effectual prayers which really do avail much. Everything went smoothly during this whole trip.
I passed through Tokyo for a day and was impressed with the cleanliness of the large city and the politeness of its people where cellphones must be turned off in subways which are quieter and as safe as libraries. I also visited the Tsujiki fish market where the 200 to 400 pound Bluefin Tunas we have caught in North Carolina waters end up. The auction is quite a spectacle with dozens of huge tuna being inspected and bid upon every day. The whole fish market supplies all of Japan with seafood which is their prime protein source. The bustling warehouses have all varieties of fish, crabs, eels, shrimp, shellfish, squid, and octopus in a giant facility the size of at least two football stadiums.

Thank you again for your prayers!! Interestingly, my ankle gave me very little trouble UNTIL the hours after finishing the final medical clinic. Since then, it has had progressive pain, which confirms my need for surgery. Upon my return home, I have been running around getting pre-surgery examinations and clearances. I will have to miss the Uganda medical trip with ORH to the Pygmy tribes in May but am hopeful to be healed enough for evangelistic medical clinics in Trinidad and Tobago in July. Please pray that the Lord would heal me through His power and the Gifts of medicine. There are so many people to reach with the saving grace of Jesus Christ!

Thanks for being prayer warriors for me!!!
In His service,
Kendall

No comments: