Friday, November 19, 2010

Update from Steve Kohl (Letter laying out a plan)

11-17-10

Dr. John,

I believe that it is vital that we serve the Lord by getting the dental project in Belize off the ground as reasonably soon as possible. As I indicated to you on the phone Annette and I need to go.

I need you to support and encourage us in the following activities which are necessary to complete this dental and chiropractic project. As you and I are aware the building needs to be completely enclosed, interior finished including electrical and plumbing and installing and organizing all dental equipment and making ready to host dentists and dental hygienists and others to serve.

I would ask that you approve me to do the following as soon as possible:

1. Go to Belize to obtain NGO status for Global Outreach Mission and titling or conveying the Global lease for the property into Global Outreach Missions name.

2. Go to Belize and obtain quotations from people that I know who can completely engineer load bearing walls to support a second floor when we add and enclose the bottom floor and finish the interior. I will get quotations also to just enclose the bottom and make it ready to occupy. We will employ local help wherever possible and bring from Myrtle Grove teams to come where locals may not be available. I do have a team of electricians who will come to do all of the electrical work. The electrical team will do the costing of supplies needed based on equipment needs for power including air conditioning and receptacles etc. We will need three phase electrical to keep power usage down. We will have hard costs for you to make a decision to get the building enclosed and ready for equipment.

3. I will continue to secure funds for all equipment or used or refurbished to make ready the dental clinic. It is my desire to equip this dental clinic with the best equipment to serve the needs of general dentistry and than find the dentists who are qualified and want to serve. I believe there are many. We hope to also secure at least 3 mobile units to take to the jungle as we promised Dr. Samos.

Could we discuss this track and if it needs to be modified in any way let's ask The Lord. I think that we must keep our eyes on the vision and that is to share the Good News with the people to whom we minister employing this critical need of dentistry. We are in prayer and we thank God that he has already showed us a plan and now is ordering every step with confirmation which we recognize. He will also supply the needed monetary requirements. We trust in Him and His timing.

Sincerely,
steve and annette kohl

No comments: